Reporting to the Director you will be a key member of the Finance Team, and you will work closely within the team to ensure the accuracy of Management Information.
You will also be responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the ledgers of the companies that you will be responsible for, as well as maintaining high departmental standards, with the proactive management of issues and varying priorities.
This is a challenging ‘hands-on’ role within a friendly and highly professional award winning shared services finance team. Key interfaces within the business will be clients (principally director level) whose finances the company is responsible for, and other members of the finance team.
- Responsible for the end-to-end accounting for allocated companies (currently using Xero) including the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of processing relevant entries
- Production of monthly and annual accruals and prepayments, fixed asset register maintenance (where applicable), coding and posting of credit cards, director and staff expenses, and the maintenance of control accounts in the balance sheets
- To provide other financial information in a timely manner and to a high standard from the Nominal Ledger and other sources
- Preparation of VAT and other statutory returns
- Assisting with commission calculations if applicable
- Preparation of relevant accounts and supporting schedules to detailed trial balance for review by Directors (including balance sheet reconciliations)
- Checking and reviewing postings to the accounting ledgers for your companies
- Requesting any payroll changes from clients
- Processing clients payroll
- Notifying clients of amount to pay staff and HMRC
- All reporting relating to pensions
- To keep management informed on the status of all aged debt
- Checking and reviewing postings for your sales and purchase ledgers
- To ensure all invoices are properly authorised and analysed
- To manage supplier accounts, ensuring statements are reconciled where appropriate
- To make payment to suppliers on time
- Dealing with ad hoc client queries on a timely basis
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Strong systems skills
About the Company
Our Clients have modern offices located in Harrow Town Centre, they have a growing team of 10. They have been established for 3+ years. Our clients provide full end-to-end finance solutions for recruitment businesses. They take on the stress and burden for accounting and finance so that owner-managers can focus on growing their businesses. They offer a fully flexible service allowing clients to pick and choose the services that they need. Their services range from bookkeeping and contractor pay and bill to Finance Director Services and Monthly Board Packs.