To support the Economic Growth & Development team to deliver the Bedford Growth Plan, encouraging inward investment, business growth and promoting Bedford as a place to do business through the provision of project delivery support, business engagement, data analysis and research.
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent in a relevant subject and/or a suitable professional qualification directly related to the post.
- Knowledge and understanding of economic development issues including the role and programmes of public agencies
- Excellent report writing and presentational skills.
- Ability to research and analyse data to present in a variety of formats
- Must demonstrate the ability to speak fluent English at a level appropriate to be able to carry out the duties of the post, and be confident in dealing with difficult telephone calls or visitors, ensuring a customer care approach.
- Ability to communicate with businesses and stakeholders effectively to understand their needs
- Experience in project delivery (from bid writing to implementation and monitoring)
- Team player with ability to adapt to suit current workloads
- Strong IT skills, including website, database and social media experience
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to travel around the county - driving license and own car required