- Deliver the work programme set by the Principal/Management Accountant.
- Support the provision of financial advice to the Directorate including budget preparation, budget monitoring and closure of accounts
- Respond to Budget Manager queries on a prompt basis
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision of a high quality financial management service to Services including as a core
(i) budget preparation
(ii) financial advice
(iii) budget monitoring
(iv) closure of accounts.
- Budget Preparation – assist the preparation of the annual revenue budgets and where relevant the capital programme – all within agreed timescales.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of budget monitoring information for specified service areas, working with Budget Managers in relation to this. Ensure that any emerging budget issues are communicated to the Principal/Management Accountant.
- Assist with the closure of accounts under direction of the Principal/Management Accountant, at all times complying with agreed timetables. Ensure all Grants, Statistical Returns and other Returns are made to the appropriate standard and within agreed timescales.
- Ensure the integrity of Agresso – by ensuring that all processes, both budget and actual, are recorded accurately and with sufficient detail to allow prompt and understandable interrogation.
- Assist in the provision of a full range of direct accountancy support to a range of service managers / staff, to ensure that services are fully supported in their need for financial information to manage their activities to achieve their own objectives. This support will include training of appropriate staff.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties of a similar level of responsibility