This role will provide the Apprentice with an overview of the service
management, operations and security/vulnerability environments of Global
Digital Technology (GDT). During the Apprenticeship, time will be spent
working with the various teams within GDT, where they will be involved in
the daily routine work of the team. This will allow the Apprentice to become
familiar with the way an ITIL v3 based service support operation works. The
Apprentice will undertake off-site classroom training and exams towards
achievement of their Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
The jobholder will be required to obtain DV clearance before taking up
- Undertake studies at the designated provider to achieve a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician qualification.
- Undertake additional technical and personal development training courses and e-learning to attain the required knowledge to perform effectively within GDT. On the job learning through job shadowing and mentoring.
- Candidates can only apply if they are a British citizen or hold dual nationality, and they have been a resident in the UK for at least three of the last 10 years.
It is essential that you:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent e.g. O Levels) grade 9-5 (A*-C) Including Maths and English.
- GCSE grade 9-5 (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- Good personal planning and organisational skills (attention to detail and proactivity)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative and intuitive approach to problem solving
- Passion for technology and/or IT and proficient in Microsoft Office.
If you are interested in this or other apprenticeship opportunities then please complete the online registration process or email your CV and short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org