Strategic development of commissioned services for placement care, to reduce dependency on high cost residential placements and improve outcomes for vulnerable children. To manage the specialist area in line with business planning, performance standards and the requirements of best value, in order to contribute to the achievement of the local and national objectives for Children Social Care Services.
- To lead the development and implementation of Bedford’s strategies for commissioning and procuring high quality accommodation and family support services that promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in need of protection or accommodation. Including: Independent Social Work Assessments and other expert assessments, Fostering and Adoption Services, Independent Foster Agencies, Residential Placements, Short Break Services, and Educational Placements.
- To commission placements that meet the individual needs of children, provide measurable outcomes and offer value for money.
- To ensure the effective strategic and operational use of resources ensuring detailed management information reports to Senior Leadership Team on current, planned and future spend.
- Undertake strategic and specific service needs analyses and identify gaps in service provision, inappropriate use of resources and trends in service, in order to recommend, manage and take appropriate remedial action.
- To provide direct line management to members of the Placements Team.