- coordination of robust financial reporting and monitoring across differing entity requirements;
- support to arms-length bodies of the Council in proper accounting practice and preparation of statements;
- delivery of an unqualified set of County Council financial statements within the statutory timescales including arms-length commercial interests and appropriate group accounting and taxation provisions;
- promoting best practice in financial systems and processes, including transactional processes undertaken by arms-length partners and;
- management of 2 direct and 1 indirect reports.
It is expected that the postholder will have a good level of experience of the requirements of commercial practice in financial planning and reporting (prior experience or knowledge of local government financial reporting is an advantage but not essential).