formal academic training at a local college, with hands-on practical
experience. The role involves working across a wide range of disciplines
with colleagues in the Technical Installations, Counter Eavesdropping and
Regional Technical Support areas of FCOS. It is expected that some
overseas travel will be involved with this role.
During the first 12 months apprentices will be expected to gain their NVQ
diploma in Performing Engineering Operations and BTEC Level 3 Diploma
in Engineering. During year 2 and 3 apprentices will work towards the
completion of their NVQ Level 3. In order to gain evidence for this they will
be expected to participate in revenue generating work in the UK and
Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Three-year programme – with a potential career at the end
- Combination of practical work and study
- Studying a BTEC Level 3 in Engineering and National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ)at a local college
- Min. 4 GCSEs (or equivalent, e.g. O Levels) at grade 9-5 (A*-C) including Maths, English, and either Science or a technical-based subject.
- Genuine interest in engineering and technology
- Be a British citizenship, having lived here for at least three of the last ten years.
Due to the nature of the work involved and customer base you will be required to obtain security clearance before commencement and a further, more detailed level of clearance before the completion of the apprenticeship
If you are interested in this or other apprenticeship opportunities then please complete the online registration process or email your CV and short covering note to email@example.com